AIM OF THIS BLOG
Corona Virus has come in swiftly, and has not let the people to understand which has led people into perplex and confusions. Leading to raise many thought and questions. What will be near future? How will it end? Will COVID 19 last forever? Will sociology and economy of the world change utterly? How will be lives after the lockdown? These are the some of the points addressed in this blog. Aim to provide an effective overview of the situation.
In early 2020, a new virus began generating headlines all over the world, because of the unprecedented speed of its transmission, known as COVID-19.
Its origins have been traced to a food market in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. From there, it’s reached countries as distant as the United States and the Philippines.
The virus has been responsible for millions of infections globally, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths.
COVID-19 DECLARED BY (WHO)
With the virus showing no signs of relenting, pressure on healthcare sector across the world mounted. The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the COVID 19 as a global pandemic by 11th of March 2020. The COVID-19 affected more than 209 countries. According to the (WHO), total of 7,449,476 confirmed cases with 418,846 mortalities.
Briefly talking about how the global life has been affected in many aspects will give you an overview of the impact of COVID 19.
The hit hard sectors are mainly consumer based sectors, these are retailing, hospitality both eateries and hotels and entertainment. There are less income being generated as there are no buyers to the goods. The organizations are having more of cost than the revenue causing depression and losses in the economy. The worldwide manufacturing is in jeopardy as countries are not trading the goods.
- Technology has helped the scientist to predict and forecast the outbreaks numbers for example; Blue dot, a Canadian start-up using their Artificial intelligence had already cautioned even before the (WHO) declared it as a public warning.
- Secondly, there are infrared cameras installed in public places to detect any potential increase in the human temperature.
- Thirdly, the delivery of the drugs and supplies to the medical centres with drones, helping the less human contact possible.
- Fourthly, robots helping the healthcare workers in sterilizing the equipment and assist the doctors to their tasks.
A lot of people are going thorough trauma phase. They are facing severe difficulties, and people already having anxiety and psychological issues, this pandemic has been deteriorating their condition. And there are already signs that in Wuhan, for instance. People who experienced a number of the primary strict quarantine measures, have developed things like agoraphobia, fear of the outdoors, or post-traumatic stress disorder.
People being cut off from reassuring individual contact, hugs, handshakes, and other social rituals are now traced with danger. Old aged people, who were already excluded from much of social life, are being asked to distance themselves even further, deepening their loneliness.
The frontline workers, the health care officials: doctors, nurses, peons and others are risking their lives. Working day and night to save the nation and lives of the people. They are turning shifts back to back, staying away from their families, emotionally breaking then fall apart.
PEOPLE COME UP ONTO THE BALCONIES
Yet all the negative points aside. We find that people in this time of difficulty are trying to help each other and making small efforts. For example; in Italy people have come into the balconies and had cheered and applauded for the healthcare workers. On 23rd of March the people of Pakistan had come up onto the terraces and balconies and started singing the national anthem of to show patriotism and love for the country.
Lockdown a precautionary measure to battle corona virus has brought magnificent result in the environment. As the world has seen the return of dolphins to the shores of Italy, Florida and many other shores. The air quality levels have risen quiet efficiently as of less emission of Carbon dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen oxides (NO), and other ozone (O3) associated configurations. To conclude that, the nature can live on its own it is us who have to understand that we are here to live and rely on the nature to live.
With the outbreak of corona virus, people have changes their life styles severely and had adopted to the situational circumstances.
- Firstly, people have gone into lockdown with their families and people have stocked up piles and piles of food storage, tissues and other essentials of life. People have shown their real and mean nature, as they do not leave anything behind for the needy and old age people.
- Secondly, people will find it difficult to again built social relationships and hard to go out due to the long bouts of quarantine measures.
- Thirdly, is the factor of education, students and teacher have come online to study and building the secure future for the nation in this difficult phase of the century.
- Fourthly, people are performing marriages in a small gathering only with their loved ones and giving importance to their core values of Islam that is of a simple wedding.
The outbreak has affected the religious aspects in many ways, counting from the congregational prayers cancelations to abandoning the pilgrims from the Holy Kabaa, to the cancelation of the religious festivals. Yet there are some places where with the SOPs people are performing their righteous deeds.
To conclude is that we still don’t know how long this virus would prevail in the society. As we are not yet capable of being fully aware of what we are battling with. It is still a battle with the unknown. We still do not know when will the vaccine will be available. I see the despair and grief in the eyes of the people battling and losing their lives. It is sad to see how people are dying of the unknown.
Social distancing is a privilege. It means you live in a house good enough to practice it. Hand washing is a privilege too. It means you have access to clean running water. Hand sanitizers are a privilege. It means you have money to buy them. Lockdowns are a privilege. It means you can afford to be at home. All of us who are practicing social distancing and have imposed a lockdown on ourselves are very lucky to have the means because many people won’t be able to do this.